Wednesday, April 14, 2010

feet wet...in coffee...again.

My friend Kate has a tattoo on her foot in a swirly pattern. It is a line of a poem by Theodore Roethke. Every time she looks at her foot she sees these words..."I learn by going where I have to go". It is a curly font. Check out the whole poem @ http://gawow.com/roethke/poems/104.html I like it. Her parents named her after Katharine Hepburn. This picture of K. Hepburn reminds me most of Kate. She looks adventurous. My friend Kate has the most beautiful hairy legs you have ever seen.

My feet took me to my second day as a Starbucks employee, my two hundredth serving starbucks coffee, my thousandth at a corporation, my trillionth inside one. Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. Needless to say, I am once again a reliable, predictable, agreeable puppet at the mercy of a sleepwalking coffee addict; my dumbfounded puppeteer blinded by the instant pleasure of green paper. I'll have the usual...err the usual disguised as not the usual. The Starbucks pope gives us permission to have as many syrup cut crack drinks as we can guzzle.

If being barefoot was an employee policy how different everything would be. I left my nose ring and weirdness at home. But I learn by going where I have to go. I will not forget my mission: "Look famous. Be legendary. Appear Complex. Act easy. Radiate presence. Travel light. Seem a dream. Prove real."all while wearing a starbucks uniform...to be continued...

- this is an old sketch I drew. On the top it says My Colors are Real - Fuck You.

3 Hellen Keller Quotes to Sum up today's post:

-“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me”

-“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”

-“I long to accomplish a great and noble task; but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble”

ok paradox: you go where you have to go, but you don't have to go there.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Nose ring or not, I KNOW the Hannah I'VE got. You're beautifully amazing and amazingly beautiful..

    ReplyDelete